The World Investment Report focuses on trends in foreign direct investment (FDI) worldwide, at the regional and country levels and emerging measures to improve its contribution to development.
Every issue of the Report has:
- Analysis of the trends in FDI during the previous year, with especial emphasis on the development implications.
- Ranking of the largest transnational corporations in the world.
- In-depth analysis of a selected topic related to FDI.
- Policy analysis and recommendations.
- Statistical annex with data on FDI flows and stocks for 196 economies.
The World Investment Report has been published annually since 1991.
Each year´s Report covers the latest trends in foreign direct investment around the World and analyses in depth one selected topic related to foreign direct investment and development.
- WIR2007 – Transnational Corporations, Extractive Industries and Development
- WIR2006 – FDI from Developing and Transition Economies: Implications for Development
- WIR2005 – TNCs and the Internationalization of R&D
- WIR2004 – The Shift Towards Services
- WIR2003 – FDI Policies for Development: National and International Perspectives
- WIR2002 – Transnational Corporations and Export Competitiveness
- WIR2001 – Promoting Linkages
- WIR2000 – Cross-border M & A and Development
- WIR1999 – FDI and the Challenge of Development
- WIR1998 – Trends and Determinants
- WIR1997 – Transnational Corporations, Market Structure and Competition Policy
- WIR1996 – Investment, Trade and International Policy Agreements
- WIR1995 – Transnational Corporations and Competitiveness
- WIR1994 – Transnational Corporations, Employment and the Workplace
- WIR1993 – Transnational Corporations and Integrated International Production
- WIR1992 – Transnational Corporations as Engines of Growth
- WIR1991 – The Triad In Foreign Direct Investment